Votes
Anna Evoundi
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Newbie in Chicago-Seeking Credible Meet ups & Connections

Anna Evoundi
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 10 2019, 19:19

Hi everyone! I am 24 years old and new to investing, but have been watching the Biggerpockets community, actively listening to podcasts, and reading about investing for about 4 years now. I have always had an interest in real estate, but after many lessons (life) in college, I realized that real estate is my passion and I was tired of pursuing things I knew would not make me happy.

I am a new college graduate from U of I and house hacked 3 out of 5 years in college. Started helping my dad in rehabbing my family house and other small projects since my teens. I also worked as a leasing agent and later a marketing director for a small successful startup. I currently work as an Assistant Property Manager and actively pursuing my RE license, while Ebay flipping on the side. I am working towards leaving property management in January to work in a brokerage as an agent. 

I have a savings plan for buying my first multifamily property (2-4 unit) in 2-2.5 years, I currently hold no property. I am trying to learn and navigate as a newbie on what is the best way to approach my first investment financially using the BRRRR method. Neighborhoods I am looking into after some research are in Humboldt Park or Little Village.

I am basically looking to connect with others who have similar interests and goals and make friends in the industry, while bringing value to each other in the future. I am a bit of an introvert and am going to have to muster up a lot of courage to attend, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone could recommend any credible meet ups in the Chicagoland/Northern Suburbs area. I know some have reputations of trying to pitch paid teaching/program and such, and I'm trying to avoid these. I am looking to learn as much as I can with friendly/welcoming people who are open to an absolute newbie attending.

I am hopeful in the next coming weeks to months, to find a seasoned BRRRR and flip investors who I may add value to on weekends in exchange for being able to have a real world look at their day to day operations while working on an investment multifamily property.

Thank you for any recommendations and suggestions you may have. I have never been more challenged, excited, and happy about life than working towards my investing goals. 

Loading replies...