• Martinsville, VA
Votes |
New Member from Martinsville, VA!

Samuel Hopkins
  • Investor
  • Martinsville, VA
Posted Nov 10 2019, 20:39

Hello to everyone of the BP community,

My name is Samuel Hopkins and I am a rookie real estate investor actively looking for my first fix-and-flip deal in Martinsville, VA.

I caught the real estate investing bug earlier this year. Reading the book ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad' really changed my mindset and planted the REI seed, and then I actually got lucky and met a local experienced rehabber through my W-2 job, and he has allowed me to shadow him on several of his recent flips from start-to-finish. I have spent a LOT of time educating myself through books, podcasts, and attending local REI meetups. I have even spent a little time working with a contractor getting my hands dirty to learn a little more about the construction side of things, even though I don't plan on doing much if any of the work myself on my rehabs. I am itching to put everything I've learned into action and get my first deal.

After I get my first couple of deals (maybe even after the first one if it goes really well) my plan is to dump my W-2 job and focus on my real estate investing business full-time and use that as my vehicle to achieve financial freedom.

If there is anyone on this forum who is local, I would love to meet up and chat sometime. Always looking to network with others in the business and also learn anything I can from those with more experience!

Loading replies...