Votes
Grace N.
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Start of our Real Estate Journey!

Grace N.
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Nov 14 2019, 12:35

Hello all! I am so excited to say that my boyfriend and I have decided to jump into real estate investing together. We have done a lot of research and I am going to try pursuing this full-time, while my boyfriend works full-time and helps with growing our business part-time. Luckily, our strengths and weaknesses complement each other extremely well and we are willing to make sacrifices and do the hard work to get to where we want to be.

After doing lots of research, which is, of course, continually ongoing,  we believe that the best step for us is to look into pre-foreclosures and multifamily and attempt to house hack. We want to hold and rent. We live in the DFW area and have gone to open houses on Sundays for a few weeks to get an idea of pricing, locations, and gain at least some experience in looking at houses.

I have two questions as we are hoping to get our first property within the next few months.

1. I am attempting to get together my team and find the right people. Is there a major differences between going with a lender vs a local bank?

2. Does anyone have any advice on starting either an LLC or corporation BEFORE the first purchase, or should this just be done soon-ish and if its before a purchase, its before, but if its after its after? Any thoughts?

Thank you so much to everyone! I cannot wait to connect and hear your responses.

Loading replies...