Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Hayden Bressoud
  • New to Real Estate
  • Augusta, GA
Votes |
New and Learning From Monterey, CA (sort of)

Hayden Bressoud
  • New to Real Estate
  • Augusta, GA
Posted Nov 16 2019, 22:40

Hello everyone! My name is Hayden and I'm a 20 year old who is looking to get as much education as I can about real estate investing so that over the next year to year and a half I can get started with my first property!

A little bit about me, I've spent the past 2 years going through college down in Alabama and working a door to door sales job over the summers to pay for tuition. While the experience has been phenomenal, taught me a lot about myself, forced me to work harder than I ever had before, I decided I needed to go into the Navy. It's an itch that's scratched at me for a while and I decided to just pull the trigger on it.

With that, I am still really interested in personal development and learning the skills to achieve my financial goals. So, like all great endeavors, I'm here to learn as early and as much as I can. I know that there are a ton of great real estate tools provided to service members (the VA loan and BAH both seeming really powerful when used well) and so I want to have the knowledge to back up the opportunities that will be provided to me.

I will likely be moving around quite a bit, so it will be hard to permanently network until I have settled down a little bit more. However I know that I for sure will be living in Monterey for a year while I go through training for my rate. I know that I'm in a great position because nearly all of my income can be saved for investments and I will receive a large bonus once I finish training that can go towards a downpayment/closing costs and get me started on my path.

I think that I am much more inclined towards more passive strategies (I think that any sort of Fix and Flipping will be really difficult to dedicate enough time to) and welcome any advice on some of the best ways to get started once I have saved up about $30k.

I have seen networking through meetings and groups mentioned a lot, as well as finding a mentor. I am an eager learner, but I'm also not completely sure what the expectations are in terms of real estate mentorship. Do people often "apprentice" under experienced real estate investors to learn the ins and outs of finding a good deal and the whole process? Or is it usually more of a Q&A over coffee once a week type of thing? 

Excited to discuss and interact with y'all!

Loading replies...