• Elmhurst, NY
Votes |
Queens, NY - New Member

Nelson Dorado
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Elmhurst, NY
Posted Nov 17 2019, 19:04

Hi all!  My name is Nelson Dorado.  I'm a Queens, NY native (currently living in Elmhurst) and have been searching around the forums, listening to the podcast and attending webinars for some time now.  It's about time I introduce myself!

I'm an audio engineer by trade, primarily in live sound and have been working in production/touring for over a decade.  Besides always being fascinated by music, I was lucky enough to grow up in an environment that encouraged the entrepreneurial mindset and was gifted Rich Dad books, as well as played their 'Cashflow' game in my teens.  With that said, investing in real estate has always been a long term goal of mine.  After failing to make wholesaling work in high school (surprise, surprise) I lost my focus and drive, until now.

At the moment, I'm working towards my first house hack within an hour or so commute to the city, whether on the LIRR, MetroNorth or other lines, and am also converting my Roth to a self-directed Roth to begin investing in performing notes.  Ultimately, I'm looking join or build a team to invest upstate/out of state (surrounding NY).  Since my sound gigs tend to take me out of town for varying lengths of time throughout the year, managing a flip myself or being involved with projects that require a constant presence may be challenging.  With the help of a great team, however, I can focus on face to face when home and remotely working when out of town.

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and meeting many of you, both at local meet-ups and possibly even on the road!

Loading replies...