Votes |
Newbie INTRO from Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA

Kevin Sabatino
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Jupiter, FL
Posted Nov 23 2019, 12:21

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kevin Sabatino. So, what got me into Real Estate Investing? In my opinion, a miracle from GOD is the short answer. The story started with my wife and I not knowing the first thing about when, where, how, and what house to buy when we started looking around for our primary residence. So, we said "Hey, I guess lets pray about it!" and so we did! We asked God to give us a great deal and a house that was above and beyond of our expectations. So during months of searching and falling in love with numerous houses, we can across an old FL house that had the original pink tub and toilet and terrazzo floors throughout the whole house. We were not impressed until we came across a contract sitting on the swollen formica kitchen countertop that the former owners signed which basically read that whoever became the new owner would inherit $67k dollars worth of free renovations.

We got impact and sound insulated windows and doors, a NEW AC unit and AC ducts, insulation in the attic, they increased the amps to the electrical. So we bought the house at face value then had all these renovations done. The value of the house increased drastically. My eyes were opened and this was the beginning of where I am now.

Right now I am currently working as a Firefighter/Paramedic and my wife is a Flight attendant. The Perks of my job being flexible and having a lot of free time and flying for free through my wife's job has been a blessing and led us to heavily considering on investing out of state. So right now I'm in the process of doing a HELOC on my primary residence to invest in buy and hold properties. I am reading all the books and listening to all the podcasts, trying to prepare ourselves for what the future might hold.

Our why factor in this whole pursuit is honestly to change the family tree. We believe heavily on leaving a legacy to our kids' kids and their kids. We want to see a difference and it starts with us! If you guys want to reach out or just say Hi, please do! We want to do life with like minded people!

Loading replies...