Howdy from Houston, Texas

1 Reply

Hey everyone, 

My name's Mitchell Petras, I'm a petroleum engineer who's just moved to Houston, Tx. I'm only 23 years old but after a really fortunate situation with my last employer I'm in a position to start investing. I'm planning on buying a townhome that I'll be househacking for the time being, but I'd like to do 2 to 3 other rental property/flipping deals over the next couple of years. I'll be trying to join some local REI clubs in the area, but I'd really appreciate finding some locals or some one I can do work for on the side to learn more of the business. Looking forward to learning from the community!

Mitch

Originally posted by @Mitchell Petras :

Hey everyone, 

My name's Mitchell Petras, I'm a petroleum engineer who's just moved to Houston, Tx. I'm only 23 years old but after a really fortunate situation with my last employer I'm in a position to start investing. I'm planning on buying a townhome that I'll be househacking for the time being, but I'd like to do 2 to 3 other rental property/flipping deals over the next couple of years. I'll be trying to join some local REI clubs in the area, but I'd really appreciate finding some locals or some one I can do work for on the side to learn more of the business. Looking forward to learning from the community!

Mitch

Welcome to BP. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here