STARTING A MONTREAL BP MEETUP

7 Replies

Hello all,

I am a young, passionate and experienced real estate investor :) Pleasure to virtually meet you all.

Is it just me or are all the MTL meetups inactive or too expensive?

I am interested in starting a Montreal BP Meetup and curious to see the amount of people who would be welcome to the idea.

Please leave your comments :)

Yes I an very interested! We could start one on meet up .com, unless theres a function to do it here! I am new to the city and investment properties, but I have put an offer on my first one and I am extremely eager to get active in this industry. I have so much to learn and so much passion for this. I would love to shadow someone or even jsut help them out somehow. Meet ups are a great idea where we could all benefit! 

Hi @Alessandro C. , there's a number of meetups organized by different organizations (CIIQ, Immofacile, etc) unrelated to BP, most of them do charge an entrance fee (usually 20$), though some of them are free (Mordus de l'immobilier, Pros de l'immo).

You can post an event on BP, just make sure to not include "BP" in the name of the event because the moderators will delete your event. I know because it happened to me :)

@Alexandra Hollenbeck

Thanks for your input. 

@Philippe Laurin

Thanks. I'll leave this post up and see how many more Montrealers comment :) 

What is your experience with those events? Did you enjoy them? A lot of networking opportunities? Informative? Geared toward beginners/advanced RE investors? Insight obtained was able to be applied practically?

I envision an event created through here being oriented toward true beginners. A place where newbies (including myself) can network and discover other newbies. Although informative, my experience with the events you had mentioned incorporated individuals perhaps a little too advanced for the average intrigued newbie to relate to.

BTW I sent you both of you a "connect" request. 

@Alessandro C. , you can discuss starting a meetup in these forums, but any announcement of a meetup must be posted in the Events Forum only.

And @Philippe Laurin is correct, you cannot call it a BP or BiggerPockets Meetup, because that implies that we sponsor or endorse it.

Originally posted by @Alessandro C. :

I am interested in starting a Montreal BP Meetup and curious to see the amount of people who would be welcome to the idea.

I'm interested as well. It will be great to meet other real-estate investors. Please start a Meetup if you can.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here