New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Barry Is
Votes |
San Diego Newbie looking for some Real Estate direction

Barry Is
Posted Dec 1 2019, 23:04

Hi newbie here from San Diego just trying to learn a lot before I buy my first home in 2021. I'm 29 years old and run a one man online business from home that I've been doing full time now for the last 4 years. I've been doing well and am saving up for hopefully a big downpayment to afford a nice 3/2 home in central San Diego come early 2021. I've talked with some lenders and they suggest waiting until the beginning of 2021 when I have 2 years of higher income so I'd be able to qualify for a significantly higher loan. I should also have a lot more capital by that point too.

For the time being, I'm mostly interested in learning about more passive opportunities to build wealth through Real Estate. Not sure what the lingo is, but something like Fundrise or where I'd invest 25k into an new development or MF complex would be up my alley. I haven't started researching these forums yet but plan to this month. Would love to get any feedback from people regarding thoughts on the best way to start out investing my first 15-20k into real estate.  Also, I would love to hear about others experiences getting started and how those methods worked out for them.  At any rate, thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to learn a lot more in the next couple of months!

Loading replies...