Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Richard Reyes
  • Handyman
  • Lompoc, Ca
Votes |
Young & Ambitious Investor from Southern Cali!

Richard Reyes
  • Handyman
  • Lompoc, Ca
Posted Dec 2 2019, 21:36

Hello BP Fam!

This is my first official post as a BP community member. I live near Santa Barbara, California in a town known as Lompoc. I am 23, I have a degree in Business Administration.I currently work as a finish carpenter and have been working construction in both commercial and residential settings for 2 years. While working in the field I always tell myself to work smarter not harder and I feel this is the same for real life. I know for many of us real estate falls under that same ideology. For me it will reduce the amount of wear and tear on my body and it very well can put me on a path to early retirement, and is financially proven to provide higher return than even the stock market. 

Where I live houses are ranging from 280k-350k for your typical SFR.I have enough saved to put down about 15%, leaving me with about 3 months in reserve. I plan on house hacking my first year then transitioning it into a complete rental, I am just waiting for a good deal to come on the market.

Aside from construction for the past 6 months I have begun to grow my network in the wholesaling realm of real estate. At one point I had 3 properties that I brought to a few investors/ cash buyers that I had got in contact with through my network and by the time they decided to pull the trigger it was to late or the price they offered was a low ball offer out of greed. I am looking to network with new individuals both wholesalers and investors to get some future deals locked in. Please feel free to reach out at any point! Thanks & hope to hear from you soon. 

Loading replies...