Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Schulte
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Simi Valley, CA
Votes |
New Investor in SoCal, excited to get started!

Nicholas Schulte
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Simi Valley, CA
Posted Dec 2 2019, 22:04

Hello BP community!

I live in Simi Valley, CA (northwest of Los Angeles). A friend suggested I join this site immediately when I expressed interest in real estate investing.

I am trained as a near eastern archaeologist and teach at UCLA. However, the combination of long work hours, little compensation, and minimal schedule flexibility have brought me to the realization that a change needs to be made. Real estate investing seems like a great solution. I am here to learn all I can (and I have a LOT to learn), network, and contribute to an exciting community that is focused on succeeding. The real estate areas I am interested in are house hacking and short term rentals.

My 2020 goals are to purchase a multi-family that will produce enough cash-flow to cover my mortgage payment and to develop a plan to become financially free by the time I turn 40 (8 years from now). I'm pretty good at learning on my feet and I'm excited about a job where hard work has the potential for massive payoffs. I am currently trying to figure out which neighborhoods north or west of Los Angeles would be best to rent in. Also, figuring out the specific short term rental regulations for each city. My immediate plan is to start by renting my primary residence through Airbnb while I am traveling and then look at turning an apartment rental into an Airbnb. I'm finding that there are a lot of legal constraints to understand first. Onward and upward! 

Looking forward to being apart of this exciting community!

Loading replies...