Newbie Wholesaler From Birmingham, AL

7 Replies

Hello BP Community!

I'm a college student looking to accelerate my journey into real estate investing. I have accrued some knowledge from the BP podcasts and forums but I know I need to work on networking since I am still a bit of an introvert. My short term goals in real estate are to build a network of honest hardworking people and start a rental portfolio here in Birmingham. My Long Term goals are to reach financial independence level 1 by 30 through SFR & MFR. I also want to help the younger generation's in poverty-stricken areas see the insane benefits of real estate investing.

Originally posted by @Nick Eldridge :

Hello BP Community!

I'm a college student looking to accelerate my journey into real estate investing. I have accrued some knowledge from the BP podcasts and forums but I know I need to work on networking since I am still a bit of an introvert. My short term goals in real estate are to build a network of honest hardworking people and start a rental portfolio here in Birmingham. My Long Term goals are to reach financial independence level 1 by 30 through SFR & MFR. I also want to help the younger generation's in poverty-stricken areas see the insane benefits of real estate investing.

Welcome aboard Nick. 

Originally posted by @Nick Eldridge :

Thank you for the warm welcome! I love your guide on grading neighborhoods in Birmingham, it has been very useful for me these last few months. 

glad you liked it. I also have one for Cleveland, Ohio and am working on ones for 

• Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Kansas City, Missouri
  • Memphis, Tennessee 

So keep an eye out for them if any of those markets are of interest to you.

Originally posted by @Ravinell Wilson :

Great time to be in Birmingham!    Loving East lake and Ensley right now..    I believe that there is great opportunity for income and capital appreciation. 

Definitely agree with you! The so-called war zones everyone was avoiding 5 years ago have really been picking up traction lately. Markets are always evolving, one of the many things I love about Real Estate.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you