Votes
Becky S.
  • Elgin, TX
Votes |
New Member from Austin area

Becky S.
  • Elgin, TX
Posted Feb 7 2013, 22:22

Howdy All! We are Turning Point Properties, a group of 3 investors with totally different backgrounds, personalities and interests. The thing we share in common is our passion for RE investing. My brother, Larry, is a true entrepreneur, a seasoned investor and former broker, my partner Terry is great with construction and maintenance issues, and I'm Becky, the bird dog, though I'd prefer to be an eagle with an eye for some promising properties. We are all learning the Austin and surrounding area markets, and are looking for possible wholesale deals, a few fix & flips and 1-2 rentals to hold.

We all have different reasons for becoming investors but I can only speak for mine. I run an equine assisted therapy facility and it takes money to keep it going. It is my dream and goal to be able to offer free or very low cost outpatient services for eating disorder clients who cannot afford therapy due to insurance coverage exclusions. I'm also gearing up to offer transition services to returning veterans for a better reintegration into civilian and family life from active duty.

Larry says REI is totally a numbers game, so he tells me to put in "hundreds of offers" to find a few that work. We have some offers in now, but I'm finding it takes lots of time to find properties that fit the formula we need. , I'm looking forward to learning as I go, learning from others who have been there and in turn helping others in the future.

Loading replies...