New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Geoff Husa
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
Greetings from a total newbie in Phoenix area (kind of)

Geoff Husa
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Posted Jul 3 2020, 01:22

Hello BP community, glad to be here. My name is Geoff Husa, born and raised in Phoenix area (Tempe/Chandler). I've lived and worked overseas in Papua New Guinea for the last 16 years as a Christian missionary, returning home every few years for a year or so at a time. What started as a desire to buy a home for ourselves during our next planned return (summer 2021) has evolved to a desire to begin investing in single family homes a bit at a time as we can. Still trying to figure out what that looks like as we continue to live and work overseas with intermittent times in AZ. But we at least know that this first home purchase, if we can do it right, will be the beginning of something great! We really like the idea of BRRRR. And with our limited starting capital we're looking at probably needing to stick to something on the MLS, using a low-down conventional (found a broker in Gilbert who says he can get us a conventional with just 3% down) and just doing what we can with getting the best deal we can and using the limited remaining capital (estimating $10K to work with) for reno. We'll live in the house for our year home and then turn over to property manager to rent out when we head back to Papua New Guinea.

Been watching lots of BP vids, and others on youtube. Trying to learn as much as possible in the next year before returning home so we can have a well defined plan and strategy.

Anyway, getting a bit long for intro stuff, but would welcome any connections (especially in Phoenix area) who understand that market for buy and hold, and BRRRR strategies there. Also got lots of questions about how to be sure to find contractors who understand what we'd need as investors. And so many questions I don't even know we have yet!

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all!

Loading replies...