• Investor
  • Silver Spring, MD
Votes |
New from the Baltimore/DC Metro Area

Thomas Enright
  • Investor
  • Silver Spring, MD
Posted Jul 13 2020, 11:12

Hey everybody, my name is Thomas and I had another account on here and neglected the account and the email for a while and wasn't able to get back into either of them so I'm starting anew. I've been a real estate investor for about 4 years. My day job is as an active duty Marine and I've done that for about 8 years and I've held my NC RE Broker's License for about 3 years now as well. I bought my first property in 2016 and held it as a rental for a couple of years while I did stuff on the brokerage side of real estate. When the Marine Corps moved me to Maryland in early 2019 I sold it because I didn't want the headache of dealing with it. Big mistake. I made a little bit of money but have since learned that I'll probably never sell another rental again. After that, I flipped 6 properties remotely in Memphis, TN which was enough to teach me that I want fewer headaches and moving parts. I've been private lending for about the last year and after all of this bouncing around I've decided to settle back to holding rentals and stick with it because I can't keep bouncing around. Going forward, I'm currently under contract on what should be an amazing house hack and I'm also searching for small multifamily buildings in the Washington/Baltimore metro area. Also, I love sitting down with other investors and discussing anything real estate. Due to my dabbling and limited experience in a handful of areas, I can usually help some brand new people figure out whatever they need. Aside from real estate, my hobbies include climbing, mountaineering, training my dog, and spending time with my amazing girlfriend. If anybody is local, let's meet up!