Votes
Ryan Friess
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Visitor from West Palm Beach, FL.

Ryan Friess
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Posted Jul 30 2020, 11:37

Hello, BiggerPockets community! I'm super grateful to have found a community of so many, like-minded individuals.  I actually found this forum from listening to a podcast of the Mad Fientist interviewing the guys at Bigger Pockets, and immediately checked out the forum.

I'm Ryan Friess, a newbie REI in West Palm Beach, FL. I've been in South Florida my entire life and absolutely love it here. I went to college at PBSC & FAU and graduated with Computer Engineering degree. For those local to the area, I was super lucky to land a job with a Fortune 100 company, JM Family (Toyota) and a year later went through a technical and sales training program at Citrix. I'm now working completely remote for a large technology distributor as a bonafide technical sales guy/trainer.

I also have a semi-successful online Etsy/Ebay store that brings in anywhere around 1.5k-3k net revenue a month.

As far as Real Estate goes, I purchased my first condo in 2017 for around $95,000 and put approximately $10-15k to fix it up. It had a tenant at the time so I was immediately cash flowing around $300 for 7-months before I moved in. I'm currently living in the unit, but am closing on a second condo tomorrow. I'll be renting the old unit to my brother, at a discounted rate, and will be cash flowing around $250. 

My goal is to leverage the equity in my first unit (approx 60k after downpayment/closing) to BRRRR on new investment properties until I have enough passive income to sustain my ideal lifestyle.

I'd absolutely be interested in connecting with like-minded folks, especially in the South Florida area! I just signed up for a boat club in the area, so always happy to share the boating life.

Cheers!

Loading replies...