Newbie from Charlotte, NC

2 Replies

Hello!

My name is Mark, I am newbie here to the Real Estate Investing world. For the last couple months I have been diving deep into the overwhelming amount of information here on the BP website, as well as the videos on YouTube. Everything I have read or watched has deepened my interest in learning more about how to invest in Real Estate, how to increase my net worth, and how to build a network of people to not only better myself but to better those around me.

A little bit about myself, I am an 8th-generation Floridian. Born in Hollywood, raised in Cape Coral and now living in Charlotte, NC for the past year and change. I am a certified Firefighter/EMT in the state of Florida and plan on doing the same here in Charlotte. Real Estate has always been something I have been interested in, but for the longest time always thought it was for those who were more "financially stable" or for "grown ups with families" and that I as a young 22 year old, could/should never even think about getting involved in. After finding BP on YouTube and indulging in the content, learning different methods to investing, reading articles, I discovered that it is possible for someone like me. And instead of waiting until I hit my 30's or 40's, I should get started now! I of course have so much to learn before I even start down this path, but I know I am at least headed in the right direction. I look forward to connecting with those that have similar goals and mindsets that I have.

Thank you. 

Hi @Mark Diaz !

We have very similar back stories. I moved to Fort Myers for school in 2017, I'm 23, and I am also an EMT licensed in Florida. I originally wanted to get my real estate license for the benefits it provides to my own investment career, but I soon saw the need for investor friendly agents in this area, as well as the huge potential this area has for nearly every type of investment strategy. I knew that I had a lot of value that I could provide to other investors looking to take advantage of this market, so I've now become an exclusive investor's agent, serving clients nationwide, who would like to start or continue their investment journey in the area.

If you ever have any questions at all regarding investments, please don't hesitate to send me a message on BP, shoot me an email, or give me a quick call or text, I will always be happy to help!

@Stetson Miller

Nice to meet you Stetson, glad to meet someone back from my home town. I know right now I would love to get started with my first BRRRR property, whether that be here in Charlotte or down in Cape Coral/Fort Myers. Right now I feel the best thing for me is to first build relationships with those in this industry that have been doing this much longer than I.

I do know there is a lot of potential in SWFL and have no problem doing out-of-state investing in properties down there. I will definitely have to pick your brain a little, and see if we can establish a relationship that will benefit us both.

Appreciate you reaching out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you