Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Tom Colombo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sandwich, MA
Votes |
Newbie - Southeastern Massachusetts (Cape Cod)

Tom Colombo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sandwich, MA
Posted Aug 3 2020, 19:08

Hi everyone,

First post here on the BP forums. I am a newbie just getting started and currently reside in East Sandwich, MA (with family).

Like many others on here, I want to invest in real estate to achieve financial freedom and to generate long term wealth. I want to do this through a buy-and-hold approach. I have a decent paying job that I enjoy, very little debt and am currently in the learning/saving process. I do not own any real estate (yet).

Unfortunately, I am also in a bit of an "analysis paralysis" stage that I need to break by taking consistent action. I know that I want to start by investing in my local market, but with the high real estate prices in my area, I'm not sure what properties/ strategies will allow for a stable investment that will support itself after all expenses are accounted for (and preferably with at least 8% ROI). My idea of local is no more than 30 minutes, which would probably boil down to one of the following towns:

•Sandwich

•Barnstable

•Bourne

•Yarmouth

•Dennis

•Mashpee

I’d love to hear what any investors on/near Cape Cod are doing:

1. 1) What strategies do you find work best?
  2. 2) Do you focus on year round rentals or vacation rentals? Why?
  3. 3) Does anyone here rent by the room on Cape?
  4. 4) Are there any Cape Cod meetups?
  5. 5) Does anyone know any realtors who work with investors and/or invest in real estate?
  6. 6) What are your favorite ways to find deals?

Feel free to answer whatever you can. Thank you everyone for your time and I look forward to the journey ahead!

Best Regards,

Tom Colombo

Loading replies...