• Arlington, TX (future)
Votes |
Newbie investor looking to start investing in Arlington, TX

Antonio Franco
  • New to Real Estate
  • Arlington, TX (future)
Posted Aug 4 2020, 11:30

Hello everyone,

Been listening to the bigger pockets podcast for a while and just decided to give it a go. My name is Antonio, I am 22 years old, currently in the military and plan on getting out here soon to pursue my dream of becoming a physical therapist, while also investing in real estate. I like to lift weights, hike, and sometimes just watching movies in the house all day.  I do have some time before I get out, but I would just like to get started networking and learning from others to give me a head start. I am looking to move to Arlington, TX ( July or August of 2021) in order to attend UTA and would like to purchase a house that I plan to house hack, and use my G.I bill for extra money for future investments. For those unfamiliar with the G.I bill, it is an agreement with the military which after 3 years of active duty military service they will pay for 3 years of college, but also gives a monthly housing allowance. For Arlington, I would be receiving around $1,800 housing allowance as long as I am in school.

I think real estate is such a cool thing. I love the idea of other people paying for your mortgage, and you basically get a free house, even if your have to put some work in to make it happen. Even better, you can make monthly cashflow! I love hearing all the stories of how people got started in investing, and how real estate gave them the financial freedom to do whatever they want and be their own boss. This really pumps me up about real estate! I just purchased some of the bigger pockets books- Beginner bundle, David Greene bundle, House hacking, and Managing rental properties. Really looking forward to educating myself. I hope to be surrounded by people who are pumped up about real estate investing as I am!

Before I set any goals I would like to start first, but I am mainly looking at long-term rental properties to own for a long time. My thought is to get cashflow through rental properties and after 30 years own a house and just keeping getting payments. This is a retirement plan in itself! If I owned just 5 houses that are worth $200k I would be a millionaire through assets. I am sure many of you are way surpassed that, I hope to learn some lessons from every one of you.

Thank you for reading my post, feel free to respond with any advice or even if you want to comment or chat.

P.S - I am also open to looking at houses in the Dallas, and Fort Worth areas. Planning on attending TWU to join the physical therapy program after I complete a Bachelor's in kinesiology. The TWU physical therapy program is in Dallas near Parkland hospital.

Loading replies...