Bob E.
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Votes |
Hey Newbie - Things you can to to improve your chance of connec

Bob E.
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Posted Aug 4 2020, 15:43

Hi,

I know you are new to BP and excited to get started connecting with other investors and building your network.  Every week I seem to have a few requests to connect that I decline.  I am sure other people are doing the same so you may be wondering what the problem is.

It's not you, it's your approach, that is the problem.  The requests that I decline show up in my feed as a connection request.  That's it, nothing else.

When I get one of these requests I first check my inbox.  Did the person looking to connect send me an email, in introduction explaining who they are, what they want, or what they have to offer?  Apparently you were to busy to bother.  I am supposed to just blindly accept because you are so awesome.  I should know you are awesome because you are, well, You.  I usually take a second step and click your profile to see where you live, how many rentals you have etc.  Nothing.  Your profile has no personal data, no business profile, not even the town you are based in.

Sorry but, Delete.  If I mean so little to you that I am not worth a moment of your time why would I ever want to connect.

For those people that take the time they will find I am happy to connect, meet for a beer, and share my knowledge.  So take your time and build a quality network.

May you have good luck and good returns.

Loading replies...