• New to Real Estate
  • Hong Kong, and Florida
Votes |
New Member Introduction - Hi

Christian Bullen
  • New to Real Estate
  • Hong Kong, and Florida
Posted Aug 6 2020, 02:33

Hi, Christian Bullen here, I am a new member to bigger pockets and am looking to meet like minded people and gain knowledge myself. I'm 28 years old born in Central Florida but raised in Hong Kong, where I have a permanent residence card, which would allow me to invest in real estate here, on a 99 year lease (I believe) or back home in Florida, where some of my family still resides.

To this point I've got about 35kusd in savings with the ability to save at least 1k per month. Im actively investing my savings in commodities I believe in and in alignment with my worldview, I have confidence my investing will grow my nest egg until im ready to plunge into RE!

My first question would be, how am I doing? Am I in the right place?! haha nobody in my circle knows about re investing, so im definitely looking to branch out. I'm inclined to believe a RE crash is imminent in the US, thoughts on trying to time this? property back in Florida is obviously much cheaper than here in Hong Kong but in an effort to make one of the most expensive cities in the world more affordable to its young people HK as began offering 10%mortgages to those with good credit, which is definitely intriguing. Im attempting to build my credit in both the US and HK but its slow as younger me didn't do current me any favors. Anyway the back and forth between the two locations im not sure whats the standard on asking for a US mortgage loan when your salary is from out of the country and if they would even approve this?

Most importantly I just wanted to introduce myself and become a part of the community before I get carried away with too many questions. stay safe out there people!

cheers,

Christian 

Loading replies...