New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Andy Saintilus
Votes |
Building Wealth While Working a 9 to 5

Andy Saintilus
Posted Aug 6 2020, 19:55

Starting my journey into real estate investing was challenging just like starting any other business venture. To be honest, I didn't think I would make it this far, not because I didn't believe in myself but because it was not an easy journey. In the beginning, I didn't really get much support from many people and most people thought this was a SCAM. I kept a positive mindset, disconnected myself from negative people, and found a mentor. I knew my destination and the life I wanted to build for myself but most people could not relate. The best they could do was be negative. I took my financial freedom into my own hands and wanted to change the narrative on my own terms.

During my journey, I juggled completing my Bachelor's degree, my Master's degree, and working a full-time job. There were many nights that I dealt with insomnia, my mood was up and down, and I was stressed. It was very difficult talking to people because they just didn't understand. Growing up with Immigrant parents you are taught the definition of hard work at a very young age. I always knew I would be an entrepreneur because I watched my parents who didn’t speak the English language make it in America!!

My first failed business was selling snacks in elementary school. I was 6 years old making $500 a week with students working as my employees. I remember telling my mother that I was ready to quit first grade and run the business full-time. LOL!! Good thing she talked sense into me. At 31, I am happy to say that I own my 10th property all through hard work. These are homes that I will someday own free and clear due to someone else paying for them.

It takes mindset, confidence, and the ability to not care what people think of you. I created a system for myself that keeps me going #50by50. I will own 50 houses by the time I am 50 years old which is the age that I have decided for myself that I will just retire. I think everyone hears about Real Estate but no one really understands the value that the business brings. At some point, you have to realize that the reparations are not coming, social security may not be available, and 401k's hold no real value. What's not being discussed is that you will have to build your own wealth.

We are all working to buy our time back and creating passive income gives you that ability. I grew up in the inner city of Miami with a subpar education. If I was able to make it through all the adversity that I faced throughout my life there should really be no excuse for anyone else. I encourage everyone to do the same. Time is passing us by and if you are fortunate enough to make it through the pandemics, health issues, lay-offs, and everything else that is trying to take us out you will be glad at the age of 50 to own 50 houses generating X amount of dollars in cash flow. I bet on myself in a world that lacked opportunity for people of my color.

I now specialize in BRRRR, Airbnb, Fix&Flips, buying wholesale properties, and section 8 rentals.

I AM THE BLACK AMERICAN DREAM!!

Loading replies...