• Annapolis, MD
Votes |
New investor - Annapolis, MD

Luc Desroches
  • New to Real Estate
  • Annapolis, MD
Posted Nov 15 2020, 10:19

Hi BP Community, 

I have been listening to podcasts and reading books for a bit over two years now, and have finally decided to leave the realm of analysis paralysis. I am ready to create an actionable plan to begin my journey in real estate investing, and have been inspired by this community. I hope to continue learning from this site and those who share on it for the foreseeable future. 

A bit of background - I earned a master's degree in Aerospace Engineering in 2017 and work in the private sector as an engineer in the DMV. I make a modest income from my job and have been able to max out both 401k and Roth IRA contributions for the past two years. I guess now I'm weighing the opportunity cost of stashing pre-tax dollars into a 401k above employer match instead of taking that money to invest in real estate. Any thoughts?

Aside from that, I have about 12k saved up and look to continue saving over the duration of my current lease so that by the time its over I can have a sizeable down payment for a multi-family and try my hand at house hacking. I think other than that I would be most interested in learning about single family rentals to get to a place where passive income can replace my current salary. 

Looking forward to being a part of this community, hearing others' stories of success/failure, and growing together. 

Cheers, and feel free to connect. 

Loading replies...