Investing in storage units

2 Replies

Has anyone had experience with limited partnerships that purchase storage unit properties?  I have invested in multi family partnerships for a decade, and am thinking about a different type of property for my next investment, but I don’t know where to go or who the pros are with this type of investment.   I’m in Bend, Oregon where we are experiencing a significant population explosion.  I hope I’m staying within the community rules by not asking for a specific “deal”, just information. Thanks.

@Newton Kerney We have helped clients acquire storage unit properties. While underwritten a bit different, they are pretty similar to multifamily properties. Similar to multifamily each storage complex has its own situation for growth. You're right that Central Oregon is seeing growth and investing in this property type could be wise. But as with most property types in Central Oregon right now, the inventory is just so low. If you were to expand your search out of Central Oregon and cast a wider net, I think you would be able to find something with some upside. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you