Danielle Zitomer, Port Angeles WA

1 Reply

Hi all- I'm new to the scene (bigger pockets, FI, real estate, and financial literacy in general) and looking forward to learning from this group!

My little bio: 

Currently, I work a W2 job as a scientist for WA State Government. I genuinely love (and feel purposefully aligned with) my career, and am not seeking an immediate exit strategy. However,  I am strongly motivated to change my relationship with money and gain mastery over my finances, security, and future opportunities.

I am currently closing on my first home, (using USDA loan product) and intend to house hack by remodeling the walk-out basement into a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom unit. I am considering either short term vacation rental or possibly a mid-to-long term rental of either the basement level or main level (in which case I'd occupy the basement)

I am a "standing start" newbie, with very little capital and even less experience. I've been doing a self-designed financial literacy crash course, and I'd love to hear what books/podcasts/classes/resources/tools/strategies/etc I should be adding to my syllabus.

Thank you for reading my long first post! I appreciate your time :)

Congratulations on your new home- very exciting! I love that you are just diving in & wanting to learn! As a fellow WA resident, I would be happy to chat with you more about our STR market here, options for managing yourself or hiring a PM, ways to furnish to increase ROI, etc. I will send you a message with my contact information, feel free to reach out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you