Starting out in Atlanta, GA - Looking to network!

4 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the Atlanta area and looking to make the best use of my VA Loan, credit, and money for my first property. I've been a long time "lurker" on BP and finally started getting serious about getting into RE late last year. I'd love to network with some local great minds who can help point me in the right direction.

Short term goal - Purchase either an SFH (3 bed, 3 baths+ preferably) or a 1-4 unit property within the Atlanta area. I really like the Decatur area, but am open to anywhere inside the perimeter since my company's office is nearby. Initially, I'd rent to my brother (I live with him now and we split a 2 bedroom apt) and another person to pay most or all of my mortgage.

Mid/Long Term Goal - Wash & Repeat purchasing properties to live in yearly to house hack and build up a portfolio of 4-6 units. 

Overall Goal: Create solid cash flow and passive income to supplement or quit my 9-5 (Far off from that for now) and travel more once COVID is all said and done.

I'd love to get some opinions on the best way to attack these goals. Any other insights, suggestions, or even pivots would be helpful as I'm brand new to RE as a whole.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Brandin - I'm a realtor in Gwinnett county that works with investors all over north metro ATL. I do some deals in Decatur, but that area is flooded with investors so it's hard to compete. Would you be open to looking OTP?

@Brandin Gause
Welcome to BP and congratulations for being confident enough to lay out your goals in a post!
If your are interested in networking and getting some different ideas for your goals, you can join us on the 20th for a virtual REI meetup.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you