• Rental Property Investor
  • Latham, NY
Votes |
New RE investor from Albany, NY

Paul Cho
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Latham, NY
Posted Feb 15 2021, 09:14

hello everyone my name is Paul Cho, brand new member to the bigger pockets forum.

have been learning via bigger pockets podcast, purchased BRRRR book by david greene (1/3 into the book, very informative)

my situation - i got lucky through my dad getting a house upstate NY as a gift. everything is paid for. he didn't know what to do with the house cause he's always traveling overseas. so i'm here with this house, applied for HELOC (in the process). VERY interested in the BRRRR method (SFH and MFH) but want to start with SFH so i can learn the ins and outs of how to BRRRR (taking action) and meet some experienced people and get connected.

questions 1. because everything is so expensive here in NY, was trying to look into more states down south (FL/GA/TX - or other states, always open to learn) - any good websites/forums/meets that people go to that they would like to recommend? 

2. do ya'll look for a good investor friendly agent first, or that doesn't really matter?

any tips on what you would do in my situation, anything would be helpful, thank you very much for your wisdom

Loading replies...