New Investor HELP?? I see ok deals? Do I need a great one?

4 Replies

I have a pre-approval letter, down payment, and my eye on a triplex.  This will be my 1st investment property and I want to know some things to watch out for as I jump in to the world of real-estate.  

Great is the enemy of good. I've never bought what I would consider a "grand slam" deal and I'd say I'm a pretty successful investor- quit my "real" job a while back and do real estate stuff full time. I know lots of people waiting for a great deal for their first one. They've been waiting for a long time. Buy okay deals and wait- you'll be happy you did. 

Good luck!

@Nicholas L. Sure $415,000 triplex with a potential rental value of $1100 a unit. place appears to be in good order. Currently has renter unknown as to how much their rental payment is currently. Taxes 1% Insurance around 120 monthly.

25% DP

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you