Certified Real Estate License

3 Replies

For those with real estate license out there, are you require to list and sell property with a broker when you licensed? Can you just use your license to leverage your house hunting and not have to be actively involve in listing and selling property?

@Kelvin Tran that all depends on your broker.  Most big box office brokers require it (that's how they make money from you.)  Some do not.  This questions comes up alot when agents ask if they can do Wholesale deals outside of their brokerage.  You would need to check with your broker or find someone who will let you do what you want?

Good Investing...

@Kelvin Tran

You are trying to be an "investor with a real estate license?"

There are many discussion threads on that, usually about "investor friendly brokers."  Usually, brokers make their money off the splits of the agents.  So, if the agents aren't producing, the Brokerage isn't making any money.  Meanwhile, you still have your fees to pay, ~$2k to ~$3k annually.

Some of the newer brokerages I think have a more friendly attitude.  I believe eXp and KW both let you keep the entire sales commission on up to 3 of your own personal deals.  eXp being more of an "online cloud" national brokerage tends to leave you alone I believe.

Does this answer your question?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you