Planning My Future In Real Estate Investing

2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I am a 20 year old junior in undergrad and I recently found a passion in real estate. I just began reading a few books on real estate investing and the possible paths I can take. I go to school for health behavior science and plan to go to grad school for public health so I am looking for real estate to be a "side hustle", at least until I start bringing in real money. I have been researching how to get started and strategies like house hacking, wholesaling, and I haven't ruled out becoming a real estate investor. Does anyone have any tips or opinions they have on ways I can start getting into the real estate investing business and how I can learn as much as possible. Thanks in advance for your time!

Justin - reach out to people in the area you're looking to invest in and see how you're able to help them out. Use the local BP forums for the area you're looking into.  House hacking is how I am getting started in real estate and it is, in my opinion, the easiest way to get started and learn a little bit about everything!

@Justin Roberts

Welcome to the BP family, you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing!

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

I hope BP helps you achieve your goals!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you