Votes |
Hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 2 2021, 15:31

Hello and welcome to our community! 👋👋👋

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
James Hughes
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied May 5 2022, 18:02

Welcome to the DMV area @Laleh Omaraie and @Michael Thomas! I hope y'all are able to get started as soon as possible and wish you the best of luck! BP is such an awesome resource with awesome people! I'm always open to meeting and connecting with others!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel A Sims
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oklahoma city
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oklahoma city
Replied May 6 2022, 11:42

🌎 I'm based in Oklahoma city I think I wanna invest here in Oklahoma city, I think hud homes are the way to go, I have a construction background can do most the work on my own, stuff I can't do or don't wanna do I can sub out to "friends" if need be

2. Construction work is physically demanding I'm here to try and semi-retire if I can generate at least 6k a month in passive income I'll be able to quit my day job or at least become extremely selective when where and how much I work.

3. 🤪 I've got aphorism's or proverbs for just about any occasion right now the one i have to keep saying to my self is "its not enough to just speak your plan but you must hold yourself accountable as to what actions did you take to further your plan"  and this needs to happen daily hourly sometimes but as often as it takes to keep your plan in focus

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2022, 08:38

Hello Everyone!

1. 🌎 I am currently based in Dallas, Texas, which is where I hope to invest. 

2. 💫 My goal for joining bigger pockets is to help me begin my RE investing journey (IDK what that looks like just yet, but I know I want to begin somewhere).

3. 🤪 A fun fact about me is that I can juggle and I have been cage diving with sharks. 

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 15 2022, 16:35
Hello, Im excited to be here and learn more about what REI can do for me and my family .  
1 I am in Logan WV and would love to invest locally due to the growing tourist market in the area as well as id love to invest in growing markets in NC.

2.  since i currently own some commercial real estate and one STR. Im looking to better educate myself how to keep this going and grow my portfolio.

3. Im also a Fire Fighter for my community as well as an extra Ham radio operator.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2022, 09:35

Hello everyone, I'm really happy to be here!

1. I am based out of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. I worked as a Construction Manager for GC's for 15 years between New York City and Miami, and last year I took the leap of faith of becoming a Real Estate Developer here in Mexico.

2. My goal is to meet like-minded people with aspirations of growth in the industry, so that we can all learn new things from one another, and hopefully be able to develop professional relationships together. I have been educating myself with the real estate market in my area, trying to find new investment opportunities that I can bring to the table. In the meantime, my main gig is my very own low-rise residential development, aimed at investors who will want a rental property to add to their portfolio. I'd be happy to share more on my experience in this project, just ask!

3. I used to hate running, but I watched the NYC Marathon one day while walking through Central Park and I challenged myself to run it the following year. Now I've completed 4 marathons and several half marathons, and running is my main sport and pastime. 

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Hunt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Arlington Heights, IL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Arlington Heights, IL
Replied May 17 2022, 04:35

1. Arlington Heights, IL + I am looking to invest in the Chicago Suburbs but open to long distance investment. 

2. My goals are to look at purchasing a multi unit that I can live in as my first home purchase, ideally outside cook county. I would like to purchase a minimum 1 per year. I am really interested in building my own units and owning campsites. 

3. I coach club/college soccer.

User Stats

Votes
Miguel Diaz
  • New to Real Estate
  • Orlando FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Orlando FL
Replied May 17 2022, 13:03

Hello BP family, I am so glad to be here, it is an honor for me to be able to connect with so many people that do what I want to do.

1. 🌎 I am based in Orlando Florida

2. 💫 My goal joining BiggerPockets is to get more knowledge about multifamily and do some network to get my first deal.

3. 🤪 I love CrossFit 

User Stats

Votes
Austin Peck
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma
Replied May 23 2022, 13:53
Quote from @Daniel A Sims:

🌎 I'm based in Oklahoma city I think I wanna invest here in Oklahoma city, I think hud homes are the way to go, I have a construction background can do most the work on my own, stuff I can't do or don't wanna do I can sub out to "friends" if need be

2. Construction work is physically demanding I'm here to try and semi-retire if I can generate at least 6k a month in passive income I'll be able to quit my day job or at least become extremely selective when where and how much I work.

3. 🤪 I've got aphorism's or proverbs for just about any occasion right now the one i have to keep saying to my self is "its not enough to just speak your plan but you must hold yourself accountable as to what actions did you take to further your plan"  and this needs to happen daily hourly sometimes but as often as it takes to keep your plan in focus

I am in OKC as well!

Would love to connect with you and see how we could get a deal done together.

FIRE

User Stats

Votes
Alejandro Munoz
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied May 25 2022, 19:48

Hello everyone

1. 🌎 I'm based in Fort Worth and I plan to invest in around the DFW area in around 1 - 2 years 

2. 💫 My goal is to be more confident with real estate investing

3. 🤪 A fun fact is I'm a software developer and currently have passive income with wordpress site creation

User Stats

Votes
Comelia Hinkley
  • Realtor
  • Texas
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Texas
Replied May 25 2022, 20:21
Quote from @Alejandro Munoz:

Hello everyone

1. 🌎 I'm based in Fort Worth and I plan to invest in around the DFW area in around 1 - 2 years 

2. 💫 My goal is to be more confident with real estate investing

3. 🤪 A fun fact is I'm a software developer and currently have passive income with wordpress site creation

1. Hello I'm based in Fort Worth myself. I'm starting to learn more about investing. I'm hoping to be able to get my own property around the same time.
2. Although I'm a realtor I can relate to this. So much to learn since I've not done investing, I feel like there is so much at stake that I don't want to mess up.
3. Great work, that is impressive.

User Stats

Votes
David Wolverton
  • New to Real Estate
  • AUSTRALIA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • AUSTRALIA
Replied May 28 2022, 20:38

Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia - AUSTRALIA!!!

I'm a very limited experience noob looking to find a mentor to help me grow BiggerPockets. (I'm not sure exactly which strategies to employ - but Seller Finance and Sub to have certainly caught my eye.)

I'm looking to employ the vast majority of my (future) profits into feeding, clothing and providing shelter to the homeless and working with anyone who'll work with me to develop such people into productive hard working members of society.

David

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2022, 14:00

1.  Hello, I am currently based in Fredonia, WI looking to eventually move to Wilmington, NC and possibly invest locally there and also other areas out of state.  

2.  Purchased our first rental property last year in Lubbock, TX and am interested currently in investing in small multifamily.

3.  Lived in Hawaii for 9+ years as a kid before moving to WI.  In case the question comes up, Dad got promotion at the company he worked with and home office was in WI.

Looking to connect with some local real estate groups to find possible partnerships.

Thanks,

Mike

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Tiray Simpson
  • Realtor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied May 29 2022, 14:29
Quote from @Michael K Olson:

1.  Hello, I am currently based in Fredonia, WI looking to eventually move to Wilmington, NC and possibly invest locally there and also other areas out of state.  

2.  Purchased our first rental property last year in Lubbock, TX and am interested currently in investing in small multifamily.

3.  Lived in Hawaii for 9+ years as a kid before moving to WI.  In case the question comes up, Dad got promotion at the company he worked with and home office was in WI.

Looking to connect with some local real estate groups to find possible partnerships.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, would love to connect with you this week! I’m here in Lubbock & our group Milestone Realty Group specializes in Investments from Residential to Commercial. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2022, 14:51
Quote from @Tiray Simpson:

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, would love to connect with you this week! I’m here in Lubbock & our group Milestone Realty Group specializes in Investments from Residential to Commercial. 

Hey, 

Nice to meet you Tiray,

Would love to connect with you to see what additional investments are in Lubbock, TX.

I am actually out of state on vacation until the 9th.  Can we connect after then.

Thanks,
Mike

User Stats

Votes
Jake Schneider
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilmington, NC
Replied May 30 2022, 04:24

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike! 
I grew up in West Bend, WI and now live in Wilmington, NC. Been investing here for a couple years. Happy to connect and share what I’ve learned. 

-Jake

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 30 2022, 22:02

Oh hey!

Born to an earthworm farmer in Antarctica, I am expert with an easy bake oven. Often wrong but never uncertain, I have lots of opportunities to learn new things.

Ha!

Seriously though, I live in Boise ID. I have rentals in Bozeman MT and Green Bay WI. 

My goals for joining are to learn everything I can and to teach others everything I can (which is currently limited).

Fun Fact, I'm a manufacturing nerd. If you want to know how to build one or a million of something, I'm your guy. I enjoy extreme sports in my free time.

User Stats

Votes
Micah Sheldon
  • New to Real Estate
  • Grand Island, NY
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Grand Island, NY
Replied Jun 28 2022, 10:32

Hello everyone! 

As you can probably tell I am quite young. In fact, I just graduated high school from an online private school (Veritas Scholars Academy) and I will be studying mechanical engineering in the fall at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. I also will likely take some business classes to help with my education in the financial game behind REI.

1. I am currently living in Grand Island, New York but am in the process of moving to Anchorage, Alaska with family for my dad's new job. I hope to invest in the anchorage market while in college.

2. My goals here right now are to become educated in REI and the different methods I can start using in the Alaskan market.

3. Since my family was military for most of my life, I have lived in roughly 12 different houses and have been to hundreds of locations including living in Belgium for a period of time.

I am eager to interact more and continue learning from others on this same journey.

User Stats

Votes
Sepp Wigger
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Replied Jun 28 2022, 12:56

Welcome to Anchorage Micah! Congrats on finishing high school and starting the next step on your education journey. It is amazing to see you getting interested in REI, and starting so early. I did the same thing and its paying off big time! I would love to get lunch with you and talk about the market up here and give you what guidance I can. Just message me and we can set it up, and congrats again!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 29 2022, 10:22

Hello!  I am based in Murrieta/Temecula area of Southern California and I hope to continue investments in the Championsgate, Davenport, Orlando Florida area.  

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

My goals are to buy one or two more rental properties (single-family) and/or vacation rental.  I currently have a condo I recently placed a tenant in and this property is a property I pay mortgage myself and hope this will assist in getting closer to my goals.  My next step is to determine how to set myself up to buy another property (either of the two listed above) and become knowledgeable with lending for this particular situation, market trends etc.  

I have a son in travel baseball and there is no such thing as a free weekend anytime between August to June because of it, but I love to my watch my son play! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 6 2022, 15:18

Hey guys 

My name is Aman Negassi. I am a full-time Data Analyst, Fitness and Nutrition Coach on the side, Air Force veteran looking into duplexes. I am from the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area. While I would invest in those areas if I find a good idea, I am preferably looking for multi-family properties in Raleigh/Durham North Carolina. I am currently couch surfing and figured if I am going to live anywhere, I should have my rent covered!

A fun fact about myself is that I once was throwing trash at a nearby dumpster for a family friend after helping her yard sale with her son and we almost got attacked by a squirrel who was apparently waiting in the dumpster. It was then that I understood the metaphor of 'Pandora's box' quite figuratively as well as literally!

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Hanes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Replied Jul 6 2022, 15:46

Hi everyone! Lovely to be a part of this community.

1. I’m based in Westlake Village, California. I would love to invest out of state, maybe in Minnesota (where I grew up) or Utah since it’s beautiful out there.

2. I would love to buy my first AirBNB or duplex!

3. I love to swim 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ + I am a real estate agent assisting in multifamily transactions in Southern California!

Looking forward to meeting everyone here!

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Hanes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Replied Jul 6 2022, 15:47
Quote from @Sandy Wellen:

Hello!  I am based in Murrieta/Temecula area of Southern California and I hope to continue investments in the Championsgate, Davenport, Orlando Florida area.  

My goals are to buy one or two more rental properties (single-family) and/or vacation rental.  I currently have a condo I recently placed a tenant in and this property is a property I pay mortgage myself and hope this will assist in getting closer to my goals.  My next step is to determine how to set myself up to buy another property (either of the two listed above) and become knowledgeable with lending for this particular situation, market trends etc.  

I have a son in travel baseball and there is no such thing as a free weekend anytime between August to June because of it, but I love to my watch my son play! 

Sandy, 

Great to meet you. I live in Southern California! I look forward to having you as a connection. 

Thanks,
Ethan
PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 7 2022, 20:12

Hello everyone!

1. 🌎 Currently based in Washington with one rental property in Kentucky.

2. 💫 I am hoping to continue to learn and grow my portfolio from 1 rental home into many with the end goal of being financially independent. 

3. 🤪 I work on spacecraft so even if I become financially independent I will still continue in my career.

Really looking forward to connecting with everyone and learning here!

User Stats

Votes
Alex E Boyd
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Replied Jul 29 2022, 12:29

Hello Everyone!

1. My name is Alex Boyd and I am a full-time chemical engineering student based out of Kalamazoo, MI. After graduation I will likely be moving and hope to be ready to invest wherever I end up.

2. My goals of joining BiggerPockets are to prepare myself to build a portfolio of long-term multi-family rentals after graduating college in two years. Additionally, I am hoping to find a place to potentially intern near Kalamazoo and move my real estate education to the real world.

3. I am an avid disc golfer, I started about a year ago and have spent a ton of time exploring the Charlotte and Raleigh disc golf scenes.

Looking forward to sharing this experience.

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin J Haithcoat
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Jul 31 2022, 10:49

Hey everybody,

I've been listening to the BP podcasts, and reading a few of the recommended books from the experts, and I have realized how much I don't know. I am based in St. Louis, Missouri. I would like to invest locally at first and then possibly branch out and find long distance rentals. My goals are for now to supplement my income, but I want to be in a position in 5 years to be able to quit my day job and be a full time investor. With the resources BP has and the community itself, I plan to constantly learn and grow my network, and eventually be able to help other new comers earn financial freedom.

FUN FACT-- I'm a part of Missouri Mudders, and with the cashflow from rentals my wife and I plan to be able to go to events and enjoy off-roading and trail riding with our friends and family more often.