HVAC Recommendations in DE

8 Replies

Hi all,

I am thinking about converting an old oil burner and A/C system over to a newer more efficient natural gas system.  (I already have natural gas service to the house)  The house is located in Wilmington, Delaware, is 2 stories, already has the duct work and is approximately 1250 sq ft. 

Does anyone have an HVAC contractor that they have used and liked?  Also, if you don't mind me asking, if you have installed a new system, what did the project ended up costing to install the new HVAC system?  

Thanks,

Glen

Hey Glen,

I was not successful getting Delmarva to bring the natural gas line to my house, but I have a couple of friends that used my HVAC guy to do this switch and they were happy with him. PM me for his info.

Keep in mind that you can't keep the oil tank there after you switch, it will have to be removed. The HVAC guy can arrange it for a fee, or you can do it on your own. If it is not empty, you will have to drain it first, or wait and do the switch after you burn up all of the oil in the tank.

Thanks.  I'll PM you.

In Wimington, I believe most if not all houses within the city limits now have gas service or the ability to get the service. I have a scrapper that will take the tank for free.  

I have two houses with tanks in them.  One that is already converted to gas (before i bought the house) and one that is oil.  Both tanks are practically full.  Maybe I can get someone to buy the fuel on craigslist for a deeply discounted price...  There are several hundred gallons in there.

Hey Glen,

I recently had a house I converted from oil to a heat pump.  Not exactly what you are looking for, but I was very happy with the work and customer service.   I used Michael Sama with Sama Services.  You can look him up or PM me and I can get you his information.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

Originally posted by @Shawn Kostoff :

Hey Glen,

I recently had a house I converted from oil to a heat pump.  Not exactly what you are looking for, but I was very happy with the work and customer service.   I used Michael Sama with Sama Services.  You can look him up or PM me and I can get you his information.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

Thank you!

Hi, 

I'm also in Delaware and looking at replacing heating and ac in a house in New Castle.  Any suggestions? Also, does anyone have thoughts on keeping an old heater running vs just replacing it prior to renting to avoid future hassle?  Just curious how others handle this, we have replaced old units in the past but I'm not sure if that is the best way to go... I'd really appreciate any advice!  

@Katlyn McMasters   I just noticed your post so I figured I'd chime in.  My old neighbor Micah at Delaware Comfort Solutions came out to my property to make sure that the furnace/AC was cranking like it should prior to me finalizing my deal.  I'll PM you his information!

Micah was my teacher at the HVAC apprenticeship program, great guy. We did the conversion of my house from oil to gas as a class project, saved a bunch of money and gained a lot of experience :) 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here