• Bloomfield Michigan
Votes |
Short & Long-term Rental Property Investments St. Pete & Naples

Shane Gorski
  • Investor
  • Bloomfield Michigan
Posted Jan 14 2022, 11:54

Hello everyone,  

My wife and I are travelling down from the metro-Detroit area of Michigan, to both St. Petersburg and Naples the entire month of February 2022 for paternal leave.  While in Florida, we really want to network and build relationships with realtors (who are also investors) that are knowledgeable on Florida's rental market.  My wife and I got in the rental property business a couple of years ago, having two small condos in our portfolio.  For our next play we want to get into a single or multi-family, and preferably participate in what seems like a booming market in Florida. 

Potential Objectives

1) Invest in property for short-term rental, and then use the property ourselves in the winter.  This sounds like it might be a pipe dream based on everything I'm reading about restrictions directly in St. Pete and Naples.  However, I would really like to be educated about the opportunity to do this, but possibly in other close neighboring cities.  

2) If short-term rentals aren't a possibility, would like to invest in single or multi-family for long-term rentals.  

Again, would appreciate to network in-person while I'm visiting next month.  However, I'd definitely appreciate opening the conversation on the BP forums!

Loading replies...