Is there more MFH deals In the Orlando, FL Area?

7 Replies

Hi All,

I have been searching for the past couple of weeks for any potential MFH deals in the Orlando Area. This would be my first investment property and I am looking for place to start my new journey with. Is anyone else having a hard time finding any MFH deals in the Orlando Area of is it just me?

Looking for: Triplex and up

If area is decent I would plan to do an FHA if not then 20% down payment.

Also interested. From my research, it seems like the MFH in Central Florida are in areas outside of Orlando. I've seen stuff between Orlando and Tampa.

@Chris Coccaro I have only been seeing some slight deals on MFH a little too bit far away from Orlando (1 hr+ drive). There are some SFH potential still left. Your not able to find any MFH deals in Clermont?

Maurice,

Unfortunately there is not a lot of “deals” left in the Orlando market right now. I have been searching for investors in the Pinellas, Pasco and Polk county areas. There are more deals there to be had in those areas.

Let me know if I can help

@Kim Meredith Hampton I don’t know the Orlando market very well but I’m pretty sure Pinellas County doesn’t have any “deals” left either. With that said I know they are being found everywhere, but are typically sold before being sent out because of the demand. 

One of the many reasons I stick to the less Sam and areas of West Polk & East Hillsborough Counties. 

I'm not familiar with the Orlando market, but can attest to the fact that there are still deals to be found in Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater. 

That's not to suggest that the market here is weak or easy to dominate - there's a lack of inventory and tons of competition just like everywhere else, but the rental market is strong and rents are increasing at 3-4% annually, which can create a lot of upside for multifamily investing.

@Maurice B. , You will indeed struggle to find multi-family within the city of Orlando proper. While the actual city of Orlando is very small at about 270,000 residents, the Orlando Metro Area is a staggering 2.4 million. You can't confine your Central Florida rental search to just the small borders of Orlando city proper. You need to look beyond at Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Lake Mary, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Clermont, Minneola, Davenport, Kissimmee, Windermere, Leesburg, Sanford, and more. 

@Maurice B. Any luck on finding MFH? I'm currently looking for duplex or quad. Any pointer would be appreciated.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here