User Stats

Votes
Andrew Smith
Votes |
Seasonal Vacation Rental in West Palm / Ft Laud. area

Andrew Smith
Posted Oct 9 2018, 20:13

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are from NJ, but we are looking to purchase a Single Family or Condo within 30 minutes of Palm Beach or Ft Lauderdale airport. Ideally looking to be oceanfront or close to it with purchase price less than 500k, with the goal of having a "house hack" seasonal vacation rental for seniors or company extended stay sort of thing which would pay mortgage, taxes and HOA. Essentially, hopefully no personal capital except down payment. I am familiar with the area as my grandparents had a condo in the Jupiter area for >20 years. But I am wholly unfamiliar with the seasonal and extended stay rental scene there. Can anyone give me general guidelines of what to be expecting and if they were in my shoes what they would be looking to do. I am not interested in doing AirBnB since we are not in area. We would be looking to go down during unoccupied times to stay for extended weekends and during summer for some breaks when unit would not be occupied. We both work full time in NJ and would not be moving there.... yet!

Thanks,

Andrew

Loading replies...