• Rental Property Investor
  • Illinois
Votes |
Moving REI: Agent, Professionals, Advice near Fort Myers, Florida

Calvin Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Illinois
Posted Mar 3 2019, 09:22

Looking to connect with a real estate agent and other professionals in Fort Myers, Florida, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, or Tampa, Florida area. Looking for an agent with experience in investment rental properties that we can build a long-term relationship with.

My wife and I currently live in Illinois. I am a general contractor and long-term rental investor. We are currently working on packing up and liquidating in Illinois and making the move to Fort Myers, Florida. Between us and other family members we have multiple businesses and properties to sell and we hope to make a full move over the next two years.

We desire to purchase our first property in the area around October. We plan to acquire 5-8 properties 2019/2020 and add additional properties throughout the future. Our goal is to purchase 3-5 long-term rentals and 2-3 vacation rentals to start. I personally prefer condos, duplexes, triplexes, etc. I am partial to single-family homes but I will not cross them off my list without some consideration. I have built and sold 38 new construction homes in the last 5 years but I have no desire to buy a distressed property and fix it up. I am a buy and hold kind of person, no desire to buy and flip.

My wife and I are in our 20’s so we are looking for individuals we can build lasting relationships with. We have family in the area and are familiar some what with our future surroundings but any input or opinions on our plans or goals is welcome. We love to learn and in no way believe we are experts so feel free to voice concerns or chime in with suggestions.

If there is other individuals out there who have moved from a state similar to Illinois to Florida feel free to speak up with what you’ve done, learned, or any information that could be helpful.

Thanks!