Votes
Matt MacDonald
  • Jacksonville Florida
Votes |
I’m trying to help investors/Landlords with this post

Matt MacDonald
  • Jacksonville Florida
Posted Jul 15 2019, 13:40

I met with a potential customer for property management services in Jacksonville FL & told him what we do & gave him some good advice on how we should manage the home. Around a week later he reached out to me & said sorry a person a few doors down is going to rent the house & I’m going to manage it myself. That did not bother me & I’m gad he let me know.

I asked him a few key questions. One is are you getting a security deposit? The answer was no & I explained to him the importance of getting a security deposit. I could tell after I gave him examples of the importance of a security deposit that he understood the importance of a security deposit. I then asked him did you check her credit? He said no she told me she pays the rent on time. I told him just about every prospect is going to tell you that. I then recommended that he at least do a rental verification. I asked about a lease & he said he was going to use one from a website.

Sometimes it’s worth it to hire an experienced property management company or Agent/Broker it could save you some headache. I’m sharing this in hopes of helping Landlords avoid the items I mentioned above. I hope this helps. 

Loading replies...