• Rental Property Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
sarasota fl seasonal rental managers

Greg Mcswain
  • Sarasota, FL
Posted Aug 20 2019, 12:17

Does anyone know any reputable seasonal rental management companies in sarasota fl you would recommend? i am buying a property that i will not be able to move into for roughly 6 months and would like to try to rent it out seasonally but dont know where to start.

thank you!

greg 

User Stats

Votes
Rob B.
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Aug 20 2019, 14:29

Hi Greg! Great question; I don't have any PM recommendations directly in Sarasota, but since it sounds like you're going to be buying a rental property and won't be able to move in for about 6 months or so, it might be a good idea to consider a landlord software that allows you to automate a large part of this process. Keep in mind that most PM companies take 6-10% of rent and at least 1 month's rent (which can be brutal if you're only thinking 6 months). Is it a 1-bedroom/studio, or, rather, what kind of property is it? @Greg Mcswain

User Stats

Votes
Jeremiah Smith
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Aug 20 2019, 22:13

@Greg Mcswain I have someone here who manages vacation rentals. They just need to know the area it’s in and details of the property so I can connect you. Feel free to DM me if you’d like!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Greg Mcswain
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Aug 21 2019, 12:45

@Jeremiah Smith. Palmer ranch it’s a town home 1700sf new construction.

User Stats

Votes
James Willig
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Aug 21 2019, 19:53

Except for certain areas, Sarasota county only allows you to rent your property once every 30 days. Also be careful about HOA restrictions.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremiah Smith
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Aug 22 2019, 19:07

Ah ok, I just realized my person just does AirBNB stuff for vacation rentals so I don't think it'll work.

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Jubeck
  • Realtor
  • Navarre, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Navarre, FL
Replied Aug 23 2019, 12:43

Hey Greg, I believe I know which community your referring too and they have a 7mo minimum for a renter. In general, Sarasota can be tricky between the City/County ordinances and the multitude of HOA's all with their own set of guidelines. I'm in Nokomis, Palmer Ranch is just down the road.

-Lauren