• Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Votes |
Wholesaling property on Florida MLS

Anthony Salamone
  • Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Posted Sep 27 2019, 11:05

I am a newer investor to wholesaling in Florida and was wondering if you can wholesale via MLS or do you have to sell only through a buyers list. I am a real estate agent and my broker was unsure if you can do it. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Sep 27 2019, 11:57

It depends on the rules of Your MLS that you would be putting it in.....some allow it, some don't.

User Stats

Votes
Cassie Montalvo
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Boynton Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Boynton Beach, FL
Replied Sep 27 2019, 12:05

I am part of RAPB + GFL and I see people selling interest in their contract. I am not sure if it’s allowed, but it happens. I would just call the board and ask what their policy is. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Salamone
  • Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Replied Sep 27 2019, 12:44

Great feedback, I will run it by my board and see what they say. Thank you for responding so quickly, have a great weekend.

User Stats

Votes
Brittnay Thomas
  • Flipper
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Oct 9 2019, 05:05

@Anthony Salamone I am an agent in florida as well and am interested in know the answer to that. Did you find out if it's allowed?

User Stats

Votes
Peter Miller
  • Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied Oct 9 2019, 13:13

Check with your local MLS, but mine requires written consent from the current owner of record.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Salamone
  • Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Hudson, FL
Replied Oct 14 2019, 07:30

I just checked with my board which is West Pasco Board and they state that a listing agreement would have to be signed by property owner of record to wholesale property on MLS.

User Stats

Votes
Tchaka Owen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Merritt Island, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Merritt Island, FL
Replied Oct 14 2019, 08:29
Originally posted by @Anthony Salamone:

I just checked with my board which is West Pasco Board and they state that a listing agreement would have to be signed by property owner of record to wholesale property on MLS.

I just now read your question and that was my immediate thought. Anything going on the MLS MUST have a listing agreement signed by seller (or authorized representative). My 0.107 Euros: you're better off creating a solid buyers list because many investors don't bother with the MLS. Also, it takes a decent amount of time to create a good listing....you can have it sent to your list in minutes. Good luck!