Skip to content
Florida Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jake E.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Pasco & Pinellas County (FL)
Votes |
Considering FL RE License - What fees/expenses should I expect?

Jake E.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Pasco & Pinellas County (FL)
Posted Aug 7 2020, 10:20

Hello!

I've been interested in real estate for some time, specifically for investing and potential new career (full or part time). I've read other posts here discussing the pros/cons to having your own license as an investor and can see the benefits in becoming licensed. My concern is in regards to recurring fees (mostly the ones you must pay to remain active - ie not personal marketing/advertising or other optional fees/services). I've researched a few brokers in my area and have seen broker fees ranging from $80 to $400+ a month. Not a big deal when closing sales, but as a new agent I realize it may take some time for that to happen.

Before moving forward in taking the course, I wanted to see if I could get as much information about what to expect as far as expenses and fees. I'm in Florida (Tampa), and realize it varies by location and whichever brokerage you're with, but if I could get a rough idea it will help prevent any future surprises. I just want to prevent from getting in over my head... I'd hate to go through the time taking the course and exam to only discover the monthly costs are more than I initially expected or that there is a service fee I didn't take into account. I've contacted a few broker groups, but naturally they don't want to disclose specific fees until I've passed the exam.

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing some rough numbers, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm also open to any of your own thoughts or suggestions as well. Real estate interests me enough to go for the license (I've been thinking about it for years), but again I'd like to know all that I can beforehand.

I appreciate the help!

Loading replies...