Votes
William Blackman
  • chesapeake, va
Votes |
Fulton County Foreclosure Sales

William Blackman
  • chesapeake, va
Posted Mar 25 2018, 12:50

I was wondering how competitive Fulton County foreclosure sales are. I saw a beautiful house on an online auction sight in Union City that was on a street of circa 2006 higher priced custom built homes. This particular home sold for like $560k in 2006 and the bank took it back at the auction for $225k (loan balance I think would have been around $360k) and there was no second lien or any lien that would incumber title that I could find. A house across the street to it that was inferior to it when they were both built (cheaper) sold two years ago for $385k in like a week or two market time. Home prices are much more today. Would a deal something like this slip by the guys who routinely are at the steps in Fulton County? I mean the neighborhood is full of lesser quality larger homes circa 2005-2006 that sold back then new for over $200k less than the ones sold for on this street. Must there most likely be something that I don't know about the house that those guys do or is it possible they didn't do their homework or just did an MLS search of neighborhood without realizing this house was on a special street in the neighborhood? The exterior photo looked nice... stone exterior, three car garage, etc.