Financing on the Mainland from HI

5 Replies

Aloha Hawaii investors, I have a property in Florida that I am trying to get HELOC on but am having issues finding a lender. The biggest issue I am running into is the fact that they require me to sign the documents in person but no one seems to have a branch out here. Has anyone run into this and found a solution? I want to access the equity I have in the property but don’t want to fly to the mainland just to sign paperwork. Any information is appreciated! Scott

Have you tried Navy Federal Credit Union?  I know they have branches in Hawaii and Florida.  Aloha!  

Let me know and I can send you a spreadsheet of all the best Heloc’s in Hawaii.

Are you only dealing with credit unions and local banks? All the BIG Box banks will allow you to sign anywhere. We do it all the time. Escrow just overnights the closing package back to our funder. 

If you are only talking with CU and local regionals and you live here in HI, you might run into the issue of being outside their network and they won't help you. Big Banks and mortgage companies like the one I work for do loans in all 50...  

@ @Joel Bongco
Thank you for the recommendation to talk to Navy Federal.  I sat down with them today and they will do a HELOC on an investment with a max LTV of 70% or $100K.  I have started the process with them and will try to follow up as we move forward.

Originally posted by @Joel Bongco:

Have you tried Navy Federal Credit Union?  I know they have branches in Hawaii and Florida.  Aloha!  

Normally you just sign in the presence of a notary then mail the documents to escrow? I did a HELOC refi with Quicken, and they sent a mobile notary to my home to execute all the docs.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here