Single Family Rentals in Blackfoot

4 Replies

I am looking at buying my first home within the next few months.  I would like this property to eventually become an investment/rental property when I move out.  The thing that I am unsure about it the rental market in a small town like Blackfoot.  Looking on rentometer or other rental sites, I only see rent prices for apartments or small/old single family homes renting for ~$700.  Is there a market for bigger/nicer homes in small towns?  If I had a larger home renting for $1200-1400, would anybody rent a home like that?  I'm curious if anyone has delved into a market like this in Idaho.

There is a market for 4 or 5 bed 2 baths due to larger families in east Idaho. overall income is lower in BFT so I would stay closer to $1,000 to $1,200.

Originally posted by @Craig Jeppesen :

There is a market for 4 or 5 bed 2 baths due to larger families in east Idaho. overall income is lower in BFT so I would stay closer to $1,000 to $1,200.

Thanks, that gives me a good idea of the area.  

Hey Eric, my wife and I flip houses in Blackfoot. My wife is also a realtor in Blackfoot.  Hopefully you have found a property by now, but I figured I would reach out to you in case we could help out in any way. Good luck in all your investing.

My husband and I just placed an offer on a duplex in Blackfoot. It's renting out for $800 per side right now. Can anyone else give us any info on the area?  Do you think we'll be able to keep it rented?(we are planning on 7 percent vacancy) Also, do you think we will have room to increase the rents by about 2 percent per year?  Would anyone else invest in Blackfoot?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here