Skip to content
Idaho Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Brian Stutzman
  • Investor
  • idaho falls, ID
Votes |
Can you help the Idaho Landlord bill with 1 email by Monday?

Brian Stutzman
  • Investor
  • idaho falls, ID
Posted Feb 28 2020, 12:02

The landlord bill I have been posting about has gotten a little opposition and is being delayed, but should be heard Monday by the entire Idaho House and voted on.  

If you want to help you would send a group email to the entire membership (you can cut and paste the email addresses below) into your email "to" field and in the subject line put something like "Please Vote Yes on HB 461- Landlord Eviction" and then in the body request support and say you are an Idaho Landlord.

We made a new video to address the concerns of those who oppose our bill.  There were handicap groups that felt 3 days was not enough to get out.  We explained how they could get more time.  Law enforcement was concerned they might have more responsibility, it is less.  Perhaps one concern is having a tenant have 72 hours to vacate.  In many parts in Idaho it takes much longer.  It took me 8 weeks to get a guy out after an eviction because my county required a moving company to facilitate the move out.  Grrrr.  Some landlords think it is a 1 day process... it could be, but not in Idaho Falls.

For your email click on this link and you will have to copy and paste the 70 email addresses (under the first section, House Members), then paste the addresses into your one email. https://docs.google.com/docume... 

Loading replies...