• Naperville, IL
Votes |
New Wholesale Investor Seeking Seasoned Pro to Partner with

Josh Halagiere
  • Investor
  • Naperville, IL
Posted Apr 13 2016, 12:10

Hello,

My name is Josh Halagiere and I live in Naperville, IL. I've been interested in REI for several years and I recently took my first active step towards a wholesaling career. After listening to hours of podcasts, watching countless youtube videos, and perusing the BP website, I bought my first absentee list from listsource in February and I've sent out two rounds of direct mail postcards through yellowletters.com. I've received a pretty solid response rate from the mailers of about 1.8% and I've made several offers, none of which have been accepted, yet. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and discouraged but I REALLY want to make it in this business and I'm determined to get my first deal, ASAP! However, I'm left wondering if my goals and aspirations are realistic and attainable? Am I just in that self-doubt stage or is my instinct telling me something I don't want to hear? Any feedback from successful wholesalers in my area would be a huge morale boost! I'm targeting absentee owners in DuPage and Kane Counties with >40% equity.

My long term goal is to consistently wholesale 1 home per month and rehab/flip 2-3 homes per year, eventually having a rental portfolio that will generate a minimum of $500k per year.  I have a construction management degree from ISU, I've worked as a carpenter, project manager, and county inspector.

I look forward to hearing from fellow wholesalers/flippers in my area.

Sincerely,

Josh

Loading replies...