• Indianapolis Metro
Votes |
Licensed, but not to be a Realtor

Kevin Ochs
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis Metro
Posted Jan 4 2021, 22:51

Happy New Year, Bigger Pockets family! 

I hold an Indiana Real Estate Broker license which is currently in referral status. The license was active for a couple years but I had prematurely obtained it. The purpose of getting licensed was always for the benefits it provides as an investor rather than actually being an agent.

That being said, I’m looking to take it out of referral status and affiliate with a broker as I begin looking for my first property. I’m not interested in a brokerage that wants to make me an agent, so I need some recommendations for brokerages  that have low “desk fees” or “cloud fees”. Again, I’m strictly using the license for investment purposes and do not intend to act as an agent for any parties outside of the investment property market. 

I know a lot of you are in the same position, so what has worked best for you? How have you been able to use all the benefits of being licensed while minimizing dues and fees? I’m not really interested in being recruited, but if you have any advice or experience, I’m completely open!

Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...