Votes
Justin Joseph
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Indianapolis Lawyer Recommendation - Small Claims

Justin Joseph
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jan 13 2015, 10:01

I have a rental guarantee in place with the Seller of a property I bought (guarantees my first 12 months rent, regardless of the property's tenant status) in Indianapolis.  The company has undergone sweeping changes in the past 4 months and are almost completely unresponsive to me at the moment.  They are one month behind making reimbursement payments for the vacant property (tenant had to be evicted) and I am doubting their willingness to honor their agreement.

I am out of the area and am looking for a lawyer who might be able to assist me if I need to take this to small claims.  I am going to re-read the agreement and make sure I give them appropriate notice if it comes down to that, but assuming they stop paying, it will be a claim for 3-6 months of rent.

In case anyone is wondering who the company in question is, it's Vision Equity (VE).  I did several deals with them and they were once a very good company, but like I mentioned they underwent wholesale changes and are now a complete disaster that I wouldn't advise anybody to get anywhere near.

Thanks for any recommendations or referrals!

Loading replies...