• Investor
  • Pueblo, CO
Votes |
Investments in Leavenworth KS.

Jason Eberhardt
  • Investor
  • Pueblo, CO
Posted May 29 2017, 11:00

hello all BP. I am looking at expanding my range of investment and I have been looking at the Leavenworth KS area. can anyone tell me your thoughts on the local market ? I would love to talk with you. if in KC. KS. or KC. MO as well thank you Jason. 

User Stats

Votes
Dave Clauson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lawrence, KS
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lawrence, KS
Replied May 30 2017, 09:02

Jason I looked at Leavenworth a year or so ago. I like the market. Decent prices and rents. There are definitely areas that rent more towards the military and some to lower income and centered around the prison. It's important to have a PM who knows the market and has good ins with the base there for housing. I ended up not investing there only because a different opportunity came up. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Fruechting
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jun 1 2017, 07:21

@Jason Eberhardt

I own 107 rental units in Leavenworth/Lansing with another 32 under contract.  I've been looking in KC for a while now, and the only place I can match cash flow returns are in shady areas of KC.  So I keep investing up in Leavenworth. 

The property management company to use is Echelon Property Management.  This is actually a company I started because I didn't trust the managers at the time.  I then approached the current owners about buying it because I thought it would be perfect for them and they would do great.  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Trisha Alton
  • Wholesaler
  • Lansing, KS
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lansing, KS
Replied Jun 9 2017, 23:02

Jason Eberhardt

Hey Jason, Austin is correct. He is killing it in this market, and others I know. Let me know if my team can be of any assistance to you.

User Stats

Votes
Trisha Alton
  • Wholesaler
  • Lansing, KS
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lansing, KS
Replied May 23 2018, 04:49

Jason, I have a great flip opp if interested.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Morgan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Leavenworth, KS
Votes |
  • Leavenworth, KS
Replied Aug 20 2020, 16:53

@Jason Eberhardt did you end up buying in Leavenworth, KS? It is a great market in my opinion.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Eberhardt
  • Investor
  • Pueblo, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pueblo, CO
Replied Aug 20 2020, 17:08

@Jon Morgan i have not bought there yet i am looking all over the place. I have been flipping like crazy the last 3 years to save up to help buy a multi family.

do you know of investments in your area ?

User Stats

Votes
Jon Morgan
  • Leavenworth, KS
Votes |
  • Leavenworth, KS
Replied Aug 24 2020, 10:31

@Jason Eberhardt I do not know of anything off market. If you flipped a shotgun house there I would buy it.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Yarnell
  • Lenexa, KS
Votes |
  • Lenexa, KS
Replied Nov 9 2020, 17:56

@Austin Fruechting What percent of your tenants are military? Do you offer discounts for military? I have family in and around the Lansing/Leavenworth area so I’ve been starting to look in those areas

User Stats

Votes
John Stanczak
  • Investor
  • Leavenworth, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Leavenworth, KS
Replied May 12 2021, 08:56

@Austin Fruechting would love to connect over coffee sometime.

We’re active duty stationed at Leavenworth and just starting out on our multifamily investing journey. The goal is financial freedom by 2030. We have an umbrella company and access to investment capital, but are still working on finding a good first acquisition in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Fruechting
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Mar 18 2022, 13:21
Quote from @John Stanczak:

@Austin Fruechting would love to connect over coffee sometime.

We’re active duty stationed at Leavenworth and just starting out on our multifamily investing journey. The goal is financial freedom by 2030. We have an umbrella company and access to investment capital, but are still working on finding a good first acquisition in the area.

I may be too late to help, but feel free to email me and I will help however I can. 

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Roquemore
  • Trussville, AL
Votes |
  • Trussville, AL
Replied Jan 11 2023, 15:56

Any breakdown on neighborhood grading in Leavenworth?  For instance, any areas to avoid?  Being an out-of-state investor, it would be helpful to understand the city better.  Thank you!