kansas vs indy investing

7 Replies

I’ve been talking to people in the Indianapolis market. Some are saying Kansas has better returns (cash on cash and cash flow).

Is there anybody here that invests or analyze both Indianapolis and Kansas market that can tell me if this is true or not in your experience?

I think that both of these markets have very similar returns. I stick to Memphis and Cleveland though. I have found those markets have the highest amount of inventory and returns.

I'm just in KC, but I believe Mike D'Arrigo does both & he's active on BP.

Originally posted by @Jake Riordan :

I'm just in KC, but I believe Mike D'Arrigo does both & he's active on BP.

 I was just talking to him

Indianapolis is a great market. I am unsure about the Kansas market, but Mike D'Arrigo has information on both. I would reach out to him. 

Originally posted by @Hayley Wild :

Indianapolis is a great market. I am unsure about the Kansas market, but Mike D'Arrigo has information on both. I would reach out to him. 

 I did, but wanna hear from other people too

We're active in both of these markets. In my opinion, Indianapolis and Kansas City are two of the best cash flow markets in the country. That's because not only do they have strong returns, they both have growing populations, growing jobs and diverse, modern economies which is critical to the long term value of the asset. You don't see this in many of the popular cash flow markets. Kansas City is cash flowing a little better than Indy because property taxes are lower but it comes down to a personal choice and which market an investor is most comfortable with. If you buy in the right area of either of these cities, work with good people and have good property management, you can do very well in either market.

Originally posted by @Mike D'Arrigo :

We're active in both of these markets. In my opinion, Indianapolis and Kansas City are two of the best cash flow markets in the country. That's because not only do they have strong returns, they both have growing populations, growing jobs and diverse, modern economies which is critical to the long term value of the asset. You don't see this in many of the popular cash flow markets. Kansas City is cash flowing a little better than Indy because property taxes are lower but it comes down to a personal choice and which market an investor is most comfortable with. If you buy in the right area of either of these cities, work with good people and have good property management, you can do very well in either market.

 Thank you Mike

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here