User Stats

Votes
Samyak Rai
Votes |
Suggestions on Real Estate Job

Samyak Rai
Posted Feb 3 2023, 00:36

Hello all,

I have previous experience with real estate in India, and want to diversify my portfolio my hedging different locations. However, the game works quite differently here. I'm well on my way to educating myself, and have found the beginnings of a great team. 
I want to work in a successful real estate company as I feel I can learn a lot from big wealth generation models and management techniques such companies employ. In essence, I think it will be invaluable for me to work under someone for the experience I can gain which will fast track my learning. 
I have experience in supply-chain optimization and some experience in developing, but really want to work in a more acquisition-facing role like evaluating properties. 
If anybody has any suggestions what kind of job position would suit my learning needs or has a particular company in mind, I would really appreciate your thoughts! 

-Samyak Rai 

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Feb 3 2023, 07:02

I strongly recommend attending all the local meetups you can. It's great that you can already pitch your strengths and the type of role you're looking for. You're more likely to run into someone hiring (or someone who knows someone) at an event.

User Stats

Votes
Samyak Rai
Votes |
Replied Feb 4 2023, 18:31
Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:

I strongly recommend attending all the local meetups you can. It's great that you can already pitch your strengths and the type of role you're looking for. You're more likely to run into someone hiring (or someone who knows someone) at an event.

Thank you for your response! That is a great idea! I signed up for the meetup app to find REIAs around my area. The only problem is I am in Connecticut right now and will be moving to New York in a couple of months where I want to work. Regardless, I will attend a couple of meetings and I can always join new groups when I am in New York. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Feb 6 2023, 13:25

Hey @Samyak Rai - I come from the corporate and startup world, and my last job before quitting was at a real estate fund... I think given your analytical skills you could have a good time looking at roles as underwriters/processors at different banks that offer residential & commercial loans.